Surviving in the Fallout 4 universe is quite difficult as a nuclear disaster has occurred. Character development is essential for survival in a post-apocalyptic world with poisonous creatures. Therefore, in Fallout 4, players’ characters constantly level up. And each new level gives +1 perk points. That’s why we thought we should prepare an article on Fallout 4 how to remove perks.
Since many players randomly distribute these perks at the beginning of the game, they have big problems in the later stages. There is basically no setting in the game to remove Fallout 4 perks.
However, overcoming the perk problem is not as difficult as you might hope. Because there are some important methods that players can actively use. The first of these is console commands, and the second is the use of mods. As Console Bandit, we will explain both methods in full detail.
If you like post-apocalyptic games like Fallout 4, definitely check out our article. We’ve listed 10 unique post-apocalyptic games!
Fallout 4 Remove Perk Command Method
In order to give a clear answer to the question of how to remove Fallout 4 perks, we first need to talk about console commands. There are dozens of different perks that players can use in Fallout 4. If you want to remove a perk from your character, you must first know the ID numbers of that perk. You can find the ID number of all perks later in our article. Now we will talk about how we can remove Fallout 4 perk using console commands step by step.
- The first thing you need to do is to activate the Fallout 4 console commands. To do this, press the “~” key while the game is open. It is the key below ESC.
- The first command you should use when console commands are opened is “player.setav”. For example, if you type “player. setav Perception 5” in the console, your Perception skill will increase or decrease to 5. This command is usually useful for upgrading and boosting certain abilities. More specifically, if you’re wondering how to remove perks in Fallout 4, the next command might appeal to you.
- We mentioned at the beginning of our guide that every perk has a form ID. This is how the “player.addperk (form ID)” command works. You can choose which perk you want to increase or decrease by looking at the Fallout 4 perk ID chart here. For example, if you want to improve the Locksmith perk, you need to use a command like “player.addperk 001D246A”.
As you can see, Fallout 4 remove perk command is very easy to use. You no longer have to worry about perks that negatively affect character development. By the way, if you’re wondering how the Fallout 4 add perk points command works, you can use the same method. Because the number you specify while typing the command will both increase and decrease the perks.
How to Use Fallout 4 Remove Perk Mod?
If you don’t want to deal with Fallout 4 remove perk command, you can simply use a mod. You can quickly fix your Fallout 4 how to remove perks issues by following the 3 easy steps below.
- The first step is to log in to the “Nexusmods” website. After logging in, type “Perk RESET Chem – Refund Perks Special and Bobbleheads” in the search box and proceed.
- In the second step, you will reach the mod page. Download the mod from this page and quickly install it on your computer.
- The third and final step is to go to the “Chemistry Station” workbench in Fallout 4 and open the crafting menu. In the section that opens, you should click on the “Drug” menu and scroll down a little. You will see the “Perk Reset” item that you can craft. After you take the perk reset item into your inventory, you can make the necessary adjustments as you wish.
How to Remove Fallout 4 Perk on Consoles?
If you’re playing Fallout 4 using a console like Xbox and Playstation, you’re probably wondering how to remove the perk. Unfortunately, there is currently no perk removal method for those playing Fallout 4 on console. You can’t remove the perk as the console cannot be modded.
We’ve finally finished our in-depth research on Fallout 4 how to remove perks. We know that for players who want to play Fallout 4 freely, the perk removal feature will work very well. Moreover, it will be enough to take just a few minutes and use console commands. Have fun!
How To Remove Perks Fallout 4
If you want delete the Fallout 4 perks, use console commands. Here are two important commands you can use;
- player. setav
- player.addperk (form ID)
What is the reset perks mod Fallout 4?
There is an important mod that you can use to reset perks in Fallout 4. You should download and install the “Perk RESET Chem” mod by searching the Nexusmods site.